Dr. Pat Allen will Present 2 Lectures During Pikos Symposium
Current Soft Tissue Grafting Techniques –
Friday, October 16, 2020, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Soft tissue grafting techniques have become less invasive with the development of the tunnel technique and the use of alternatives to palatal tissue. These advances have resulted in a more stable surgical wound, reduced the risks associated with surgery, and improved esthetics.
This lecture will present recent modifications in the tunnel technique for the treatment of both shallow and deep recession sites in the mandibular anterior region as well as special considerations for the treatment of soft tissue problems at implant sites.
- Describe how the tunnel technique can be used in sites with minimal keratinized tissue, aberrant frenal attachment, and shallow vestibule.
- Describe the modifications for the treatment of isolated deep recession sites.
- List the special pre-surgical and surgical considerations unique to soft tissue problems involving implants.
- List the limitations of the tunnel technique at implant sites.
Tips for Success in Soft Tissue Grafting with the Tunnel Technique –
Friday, October 16, 2020, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
This lecture discusses 45 tips for success when using the tunnel technique for soft tissue root coverage. The areas addressed include assessment of outcome expectations, rationale for use of antibiotics and growth factors, pre-surgical site preparation, proper use of microsurgical instruments, surgical site preparation, how to achieve vestibular extension, how to manage the mandibular midline frenum, selection of an optimal allograft/xenograft, graft dimensions and placement, selection of suture and suture technique, and how to recognize early signs of postoperative complications.
This lecture will expand your understanding of the tunnel technique and improve your outcomes.
- Discuss the factors affecting the achievement of complete root coverage
- Describe the features of site preparation that enhance vestibular depth
- Describe the suture placement with the continuous sling suture
- Describe the postoperative signs of graft infection
Dr. Pat Allen is also Giving an Optional Hands-on Workshops on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 | Click for More Information
Dr. Pat Allen has served as President of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry and the American Academy of Periodontology Foundation.
He is the recipient of the Master Clinician Award from the American Academy of Periodontology, the President’s Award for Excellence in Dental Education from the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, and the Saul Schluger Award for Excellence in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning.
Currently, he is the Periodontal Section Editor for the Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry and serves on the Editorial Boards of the Journal of Periodontology and the International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry. Dr. Allen is founder of the Center for Advanced Dental Education in Dallas, an educational facility where he teaches surgical technique courses. He has over 100 publications and has presented numerous lectures and surgical demonstrations worldwide.