Pikos Institute Bone Symposium
Horizontal and Vertical Ridge Augmentation: Current Techniques and Long Term Results
The future is moving towards an era where less invasive treatment regimes are now available to minimize complications and side effects of surgical procedures, decrease patient morbidity, increase success rates and decrease technical difficulties. The maturation of tissue engineering and its application to clinical surgical procedures has helped create a new paradigm with tissue engineering based bone grafting.
• To identify the correct clinical indications and pre-requisites for successful vertical ridge augmentation therapy
• To understand the history and development of techniques over the past two decades that involve the rationale of applying tissue engineering principles of vertical augmentation
• To understand the endpoints of a successful “state of the art” surgical protocol for 3D alveolar ridge augmentation including patient management
Dr. Massimo Simion
• Degree of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Milan in 1979.
• Specialization in Odontostomatology and Dental Prosthodontics at the University of Milan in 1982.
• Professor and Chairman of the Department of Periodontology at the Dental School of the University of Milan.
• Member of the Board of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO) 1998 – 2005.
• President of EAO for the years 2001-2003 and Immediate Past-President for years 2004/2005.
• Member of the Council of EAO for the years 2005-2011
• Founder of the Italian Society of Osseontegration.
• Active Member and Vice-President of the Italian Society of Periodontology (SidP) for the years 2003-2005.
• Referee of the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Clinical Oral Implant Research.
• He published several scientific papers and is international lecturer about the topic Periodontology, Osseointegration and Bone Regeneration.