Pikos Symposium 2022 – Dr. Jose Carlos Martins da Rosa
Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration (IDR) – Powerful Alveolar Regeneration Technique on the Treatment of Compromised Sockets
In this lecture I will explain how to manage compromised sockets with severe bone loss in combination with implant installation, bone reconstruction and provisional fabrication in a single procedure using bone graft harvested from maxillary tuberosity applying minimally invasive approach. It will be introduce a new perspective to manage compromised sockets using flapless surgery in a simplest way possible based on biological response.
It is presented several cases, which showed one or more compromised socket walls of the tooth involved, with or without changes of the gingival margin, with long-term of clinical, radiographic and CT scan follow-up.
• Demonstrate improvement of the practitioner’s management of compromised fresh extraction sockets in the esthetic zone
• Explain the step-by-step, indications, and advantages of the IDR concept
• Discuss bone biology and IDR response
Dr. José Carlos Martins da Rosa Biographical Information
• Graduation course in Dentistry, Federal University of Santa Maria – UFSM – Santa Maria/RS – Brazil, 1988.
• Specialization course in Periodontics, São Paulo Association of Dental Surgeons – APCD – Bauru/SP – Brazil, 1991.
• Specialization course in Prosthodontics, Center of Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic – CPO SLMandic – Campinas/SP – Brazil, 2003.
• Master of Science in Prosthodontics, Center of Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic – CPO SLMandic – Campinas/SP – Brazil, 2005.
• PhD in Oral Implantology, Center of Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic – CPO SLMandic – Campinas/SP – Brazil, 2013.
• Author of the book “Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration (IDR) – Immediately loaded implants in compromised sockets” by Quintessence publishing in Portuguese, Spanish, English and Mandarin languages.
• Developer of IDR technique.
• Private Practice in Caxias do Sul/RS – Brazil