Pikos Hard and Soft Tissue Symposium 2016
Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration (IDR) – Labial Contour Grafting at the Time of Immediate Placement and Provisionalization: 10-year follow-up
Single tooth replacement in the esthetic zone has been one of the most common indications for dental implant placement. In cases of compromised sites with bone loss/gingival recessions, the clinical scenario presents a different dilemma.
The Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration (IDR) is a technique established to broaden indications for immediate loading on individual teeth. In this way, tissue losses with varied extensions are reconstructed in the same surgical session of implant placement and provisional crown installation, reducing the number of interventions and keeping predictability on esthetic aspects.
In the lecture we will discuss the scientific basis, the step by step technique and indications. The IDR technique, which advocates minimally invasive surgery, flapless procedures, is presented as a viable and reproducible alternative.
We will also present several cases, which showed one or more compromised cortical alveolar of the tooth involved, with or without changes of the gingival margin, some of them with 10 years of clinical, radiographic and CT scan follow-up.
• This course is designed for practitioners who desire to improve their management of compromised fresh extraction sockets in the esthetic zone
• Understand the indications, principles, and step by step protocol of the Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration (IDR) concept
• Understand comprehensive management of the compromised esthetic zone extraction socket with predictable complete graft reconstruction
Jose da Rosa
• Graduation course in Dentistry, Federal University of Santa Maria – UFSM – Santa Maria/RS – Brazil, 1988
• Specialization course in Periodontics, São Paulo Association of Dental Surgeons – APCD – Bauru/SP – Brazil, 1991
• Specialization course in Prosthodontics, Center of Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic – CPO SLMandic – Campinas/SP – Brazil, 2003
• Master of Science in Prosthodontics, Center of Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic – CPO SLMandic – Campinas/SP – Brazil, 2005
• PhD in Oral Implantology, Center of Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic – CPO SLMandic – Campinas/SP – Brazil, 2013
• Author of the book “Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration – Immediately loaded implants in compromised sockets”
• Private Practice in Caxias do Sul/RS – Brazil